May 26 & 27, 2018.
Where: Perth, ON.
- Seeking an engaging learning experience and practical knowledge to apply to your land, work, community and life?
- Interested in growing food, taking care of the water and soil, sustaining your livelihood, building community, and deepening your relationship with Mother Earth?
- Wanting real-life examples of what is possible in a cold climate, in rural, suburban and urban settings?
Be inspired. Join us.
You might be wondering about:
- What will I learn?
- What topics will be covered?
- Tell me about real-life examples in Perth and Ottawa.
- What's special about your garden? (video: 46sec)
- What exactly is permaculture design? (video: 4min, 49sec)
- How does permaculture apply to your garden and life? (video: 8min, 18sec)
- What does your garden teach you?
- Registration info
What will I learn?
- how to apply simple lessons from nature to my land, work or projects
- how to start taking care of the soil, water, plants and animals
- how to be more effective with energy, materials and time
- how to start observing a piece of land and making decisions about how to use the land based on what is needed and what is readily available (we call this “designing”)
- how to create gardens for food and medicine with plants that come back each year (we call these "edible forest gardens")
- principles and ethics
- observation and patterns in nature
- design process and a simple design exercice
- edible forest garden
- design tour of Bonita & Sébastien's garden
- hands-on gardening
Course Fee: $180, includes HST. Does NOT include meals or accommodations.
Package Fee: Sign up for both the Introduction and Edible Forest Garden courses and receive $20 off.
Winter Special: Register before January 31, 2018 and pay $160, includes HST. Does NOT include meals or accommodations.
Download the registration form for more details.
For more info: email@example.com or 613-267-1926.